Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Breastfeeding War

7 Myths About Breastfeeding - Click for Fullsize

I may regret this later, I sort of acted on impulse and emotion. But people like this guy really get to me.

Alex Andrews writes: "This is as stupid as saying if you don't like public deification, put a blanket over your head. Nobody should be publicly forced to witness breast feeding because they were looking where they were going, or finding a seat. People claim lots of things are natural, that doesn't mean that it needs to be a public spectacle."

WHAT!?

I write: "If you think comparing breastfeeding in public and defecating in public is okay then I feel very sorry you.

No one is "publicly forcing" anyone to look. In fact, there are LAWS protecting women from harassment against feeding their babies in public that sometimes result in fines (including just a stare). If there are laws that protect BFing women in public in every community, how is the online community different?

I assume you think women should seclude themselves to their home and become recluses until their child isn't nursing anymore. Women have to get out of the house. And since feeding a baby in a dirty bathroom isn't an option, I suggest you get your mind out of the gutter about breast feeding and look away.

Do you think a child screaming it's head off because they're hungry, or a woman meeting the child's needs is more of a "spectacle"?

Lastly, while I may not agree with your opinion, I still fight for your right to say it. How dare you say our opinions (and the LAW) is "stupid"."

Input your opinion below. Or not.

I am always open to questions, tactful comments and constructive criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment