Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why Sprint Sucks and What I Reported to the BBB (Better Business Bureau)

I have really come to loathe Sprint after my 4+ years of having them as a cellphone service provider. I have no love in my heart for them.

After multiple attempts over 2 years of trying to figure out how their customer service works and why it seems like they're always trying to stab people in the back I filed a complaint with the BBB.

Here is a what I wrote and what I have so far from the BBB:

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 300056273 Better Business Bureau

Consumer Info: (NAME OMITTED) Business Info: Sprint
(address removed for privacy) 1010 S 120th St # 300
San Diego, CA 92111 Omaha, NE 68154-4208
- - 402 491-2100


Location Involved: (Same as above)

Consumer's Original Complaint :
(NAME OMITTED) - Sprint Account #------813. I entered a Sprint 2 Year contract two years ago. I set up for auto pay with my checking account. Every month since signing up I have had to call their customer service with billing issues. That was the least of my problems. I set my brother up with a phone attached to my plan a year ago. Four months ago he dropped his uninsured phone in the toilet and it broke. We went in for a new one, but Sprint would not replace or fix it since it was uninsured. The sales representative named Manny Cardoza (his name tag says Leo) said that if I added two more lines, my brother would have a new phone, and I would save 20% on my bill every month. I had been paying $140 every month beforehand and Manny said my bill would be around $112 a month. This sounded really good to me. I asked if there were additional fees. He said no. Until I received my Sprint bill that month for almost $400! There WERE hidden fees, set up fees, activation fees and more. I went into the store to straighten this out, because I was on an auto pay system and it would come out of my account in two weeks, and would OVERDRAW my account. Manny and his supervisor assured me this wouldn't happen and that the extra amount would be credited to me. After leaving I also contacted the customer service line to explain what happened. Since the sales reps in the store never write notes about customers who come in, I had to explain everything to the customer service rep. They said that Manny and his supervisor were wrong. That the amount would still come out of my account, but I could be credited the extra amount. I said they better send me a check in the mail ASAP. Which they did, but it took almost a month to get there, sending my checking account overdrawn and giving me several overdraft fees. I later went into the same store to address these overdraft fees and have the store pay for them, which they did. I then told them to take me off the auto pay, which they said they did, but would take 3 billing cycles. NOW, 4 MONTHS LATER my bill is at $180 a month instead of $112. STILL. AND my account is still being auto paid. I discussed this in the store months ago with Manny, who assured me he would fix it. He told me to "email him later so he would remember to do it". How is that MY responsibility to get you to DO YOUR JOB? I emailed him the reminder at the email address on his card he gave me (leoncio.cardoza@sprint.com). He never got back to me, OR fixed my bill. So I am out $204 over the course of three months in overpayments. I am sick of dealing with these people who don't know how to communicate and don't seem to care about their customers OR customer's financial problems. I am going into the store again today to give them a copy of my complaint and hopefully then they'll do their jobs, take me seriously and fix their mistakes.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
I am seeking a refund in the amount of $208, the amount I have been overcharged over the course of three months as well as my bill being immediately taken off of the auto pay system. I also am going to take the number of phones on my plan from 5 to 2 and want the cancellation fees of the three phones I DON'T EVEN USE (but was pressured into getting under false pretense of a lowered monthly bill), WAIVED.

BBB Processing

03/17/2010 web BBB Case Received by BBB
03/17/2010 web BBB Forward to Another BBB - OTTO
03/17/2010 Otto BBB Inform Consumer Case Transferred to Another BBB
03/17/2010 Otto BBB Inform other BBB Case Transferred

_______________________________________________________________

I am now on my way to print this and go into the store. Hopefully now they'll take me seriously, do their JOB and fix their blunder.

----

It has now been nearly four months later. I am still on auto pay, but don't really care anymore, since I'm tired of dealing with it. My monthly bill is still $140. When my contract is up, I'm NOT renewing.

I am always open to questions, tactful comments and constructive criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment